Friday, February 5, 2010

Apple and Cinnamon Muffins

Kyla and I made these mini-muffins this morning for a little class reading party today. They turned out great and weren't too sweet. Maya and I went along for the party and I noticed her classmates loved them! Hope you enjoy them too!


2 and 1/3 scant cups all purpose flour
3 teas. baking powder
2 pinches of salt
2 teas. ground cinnamon
scant 1/2 cup sugar
3 apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
1 cup milk
2 eggs beaten
1 stick of butter, melted

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teas. ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place 12 muffin paper liners in a muffin pan*.

Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the sugar and chopped apples. Place the milk, egg, and butter in a separate bowl and mix. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Mixture will be thick and lumpy.

Divide the batter evenly between the paper liner. To make the topping, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until risen and golden.

Remove the muffins from the oven and serve warm or place on a cooling rack and let cool.

Enjoy!

* you can use the small little muffin tins and papers like I did in the picture above. Instead of 12 large muffins, you will have 48 mini muffins.

2 comments:

Megan said...

These look scrumptious! I plan to make them for Saturday morning breakfast for my family! Thanks!

The Chocolate Lady said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway...good luck :)

Your crazy cake looks crazy scrumptious, Im gonna have to try that!!