Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Get out the collection of cutters.......

Soft Sugar Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
3 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Beat the sugar, butter, vanilla and egg for two minutes. Add sour cream and beat thoroughly. Add flour, soda and salt. Refrigerate dough for 3 hours. Roll out with a light flour dusting and cut to desired shape and size. Bake 425 degrees for 6 minutes.
DO NOT BROWN!
(photo lift)
Frosting:

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Food coloring (optional)

Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar and vanilla. Add food coloring, if desired. Beat until well blended. Refrigerate the frosting for an hour or two to make it stiffer and easier to work with. (optional)

I No longer buy sugar cookies. These are so much like the Yummy ones!
Source My sister-n-law

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may have to try this recipe! So perfect for the season.

Traci K said...

This is the recipe that I've got that's been handed down from my Grandma. I used to have a roommate who would request that I send her a batch of them every Christmas. They are soooo good and they retain their moisture, unlike other sugar cookies. If you're in a rush (like I am most of the time), you can skip the home made frosting and do the Betty Crocker ready made cream cheese frosting. The kids love to decorate them.

bradshelley said...

I made these and they are soooo good! Thanks for sharing.
Shelley

Anonymous said...

These were super... frosting and all!