2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, divided
2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teas. soda
1/2 teas. salt
1 1/2 cups cold butter or marg.
2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional!)
1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set half aside for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 15 min. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. Whisk the caramel topping and remaining flour until smooth; drizzle over top. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours before cutting. Enjoy!

4 comments:
Just put that on the menu!!! Thanks for remembering to share with us chocolate lovers. Snowing here, how about there?
One little question! In the layers, do you put the choc chips under or over the caramel topping? A guess they will melt together either way, not sure if it matters! Thanks!
Lori, I think I forgot a sentence! I will revise it. I guess I was in too much of a hurry. Thanks and good luck. ;) ALison
Oh my...looks GREAT! I made a silly resolution to lose some weight this year...how do you expect me to do it posting things like this!! ;)
Post a Comment