Something a little different... and very good! LaRon loves coconut and I never fix it for him but I even liked this one. We had neighbors over for games tonight and served this dessert along with the sparkling cider they brought. Mmmm...
- 6 cups sliced pared apples
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shortening melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Place apples in buttered square baking dish. Mix flour with sugar, baking powder, salt, coconut and egg until crumbly then sprinkle over apples. Pour cooled shortening over flour mixture then sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
I doubled it and made it in a 9x13, then baked it about 1 hour. Delish! Sorry, the only photo I have is of the tiny bit of leftovers...

I promise my next recipe will not be dessert :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment