So I bought a box of peaches recently and froze some and dried some. This post is more of a "healthy eating idea" post than a recipe post. So here it is...
Freezing Peaches
Drop peaches in a boiling pot of water for a few seconds. Remove and place in cold water in sink immediately. Peel peaches and, with a knife, slice around the peach in strokes from the top to bottom of the peach. Remove the pieces from the stone (or pit) and place on large baking sheet. Place sheets in freezer until frozen solid.
Drop peaches in a boiling pot of water for a few seconds. Remove and place in cold water in sink immediately. Peel peaches and, with a knife, slice around the peach in strokes from the top to bottom of the peach. Remove the pieces from the stone (or pit) and place on large baking sheet. Place sheets in freezer until frozen solid.
Drying Peaches
This is SUPER EASY! Wash off outside of peaches. Not necessary to peal these. Cut around the middle of peach and pull two halves off the stone (or pit). Cut off rings from the pieces about half an inch thick. Place on drying racks. Dry for about 16 hours checking for doneness.
Happy Harvest!!!
P.S. Oh, I wish you could smell my house when these peaches are drying! Mmmm Mmmm!

7 comments:
fun... now I want a dryer! my husband says it's probably not real practical for us! but I DO freeze peaches and other fruits... something I've found to work well is lining the cookie sheet with aluminum foil and they peel right off when theyre frozen! happy freezing! and even happier eating! (wrena's sister)
Sounds like a little of heaven around there! Well I hope that makes good sense!
Hey, Allison, Where's the Hobby Farmer gone off to?
Audrey
They look delicious!!! Nothing like a GA peach:)
Shelley
They look delicious!!! Nothing like a GA peach:)
Shelley
Audrey,
Hey, we're still here. Come and see us! Or email us at randy-alison-h@juno.com.
Maybe your wondering about the blog? I signed off last week. My kids need 100 percent of me right now. Hopefully I'll be back someday ;) Love and Hugs, Alison
I was wondering the same thing. Miss you, but understand. Hugs.
Post a Comment