Monday, January 28, 2008

Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves from 2000 Taste of Home Cookbook


Yes, we are copying her again! We just had so much fun making these together. This time my helpers were Colter and Kyla. Randy even helped out by taking a couple pictures! I am really a picture person, so these picture by picture instructions are great, but can be a little time consuming as well.

Good thing for us, all the schools are closed today and emergency travel only this morning....That means-go to work if you have a 4-wheel drive pick-up but stay home otherwise. So Randy's at work, and we are here with nothing to do but post our instructions for the meat loaves we had Saturday night for supper on this recipe blog. So here it goes.....

You will need ground beef, quick oats, cheddar cheese, an egg, salt, onion, milk, brown sugar, mustard, and ketsup.


Kyla pours in 3/4 cup of milk...


and one egg. Beat together.


Kyla adds 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese,


and 1/2 cup quick oats.

Now, I dice up the onion and add 1/2 cup to the bowl.


Now Colter measures 1 teaspoon of salt and adds to the bowl.


Kyla stirs it all together.


Now we add one pound of ground beef burger.


And I mix this with my hands. Brrr! Brrrr! Brrrrrrr!


Now, I make them into little round loaves and place them in a baking pan.


In a small bowl, Colter pours in 1/3 cup of ketsup,


and then1/4 cup packed brown sugar,


And then 1 teaspoon mustard.


Then I mix it all up,


and spoon it onto the loaves.


Ready to go into the oven....


for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


Serve up with potatoes and vegetables for a real country kitchen taste!

This is our favorite Meat Loaf. The kids beg for another loaf after they finish there first one. Hope you enjoy it too!

3 comments:

All American Family said...

Those look really great. I'm going to try them as soon as I can. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

yum! If I only had the ambition to fix it I think it would be eaten. Thanks for another great looking dish!

Anonymous said...

Your final plate is beautiful. How much longer does it take when you have to stage the ingredients? Thanks for the effort. Makes me want to make meatballs and rice, soon, one of my kids' favorite meals.