Monday, May 5, 2008

Broccoli-Bacon-Raisin Salad

This is my "favoritest" salad. This is my husbands "favoritest" salad. This is my 3 kids "favoritest" salad. Therefore it is OUR "mostest favoritest" salad on the entire face of the earth! ENJOY!

1 bunch fresh broccoli, washed, drained and broken into flowerets (4 to 5 cups)
1/2 cup chopped onion (sweet or red)
1 cup celery, chopped (I don't often add this because I would rather have my celery in soup. I love celery in soup!!!)
1 lb. bacon, fried crisp, drained and crumbled
1/2 cup hulled sunflower seeds (or pinenuts)
1/2 cup craisins or raisins or other cut up dried fruit like apricots, peaches etc.

Dressing
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
2 T. Vinegar

Serve chilled!

Original Recipe from Eagle Hill Farm Cookbook. It is here that I found the exact proportions and perfect recipe for the dressing! For this I am very Thankful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

believe it or not, this salad is also good with cut-up grapes in it! it's also a favourite of ours.
weaze.

The J's said...

I love this salad too, and just looking at your picture makes me hungry for it!

Anonymous said...

This is also one of our favorites. You may have just inspired supper. :)

Alison said...

Thanks Weaze for the fresh grape suggestion! Sounds really good!

Sounds like this salad is a hit with most everyone! Glad you all know what's good for you! :)

Wrena said...

Always wonderd how the dressing went thanks for posting it here. We are looking forward to trying couliflower in it too. Yes the kids love this one when the broccoli is small. Great side for a bbq steak this summer!