
I just received two fabulous cookbooks in the mail. This is one of them, Make it Fast, Cook it Slow by Stephanie O'Dea. She is also the author of this fun blog. I followed it all last year and tried many of her recipes. I love the feeling of throwing ingredients in the crock-pot (DON"T FORGET TO PLUG IT IN!!) before I head out for the day; or even when I'm at home all day. Supper comes around so quickly that it's nice to have everything ready to serve come 5:30!
Broccoli Casserole
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 lbs fresh broccoli florets (I used a 16 oz bag of frozen b/c that's what I had on hand!)
1 cup shredded "fancy" white cheese
(I used Swiss and Gouda...leftover from some fancy-smancy recipe I tried long ago!)
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken or veggie broth
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I used the shaker kind)
Use a 4 quart slow cooker. Combine the flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard in a greased slow cooker dish. Toss the broccoli into the mixture. Cover with 1 cup shredded cheese. Add the milk and broth. Top with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours, or on high for 2 to 4 hours. Casserole is done when it begins to brown around the edges.
Great way to get kids to eat broccoli and add pizzaz' to frozen vegetables!
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 lbs fresh broccoli florets (I used a 16 oz bag of frozen b/c that's what I had on hand!)
1 cup shredded "fancy" white cheese
(I used Swiss and Gouda...leftover from some fancy-smancy recipe I tried long ago!)
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken or veggie broth
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I used the shaker kind)
Use a 4 quart slow cooker. Combine the flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard in a greased slow cooker dish. Toss the broccoli into the mixture. Cover with 1 cup shredded cheese. Add the milk and broth. Top with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours, or on high for 2 to 4 hours. Casserole is done when it begins to brown around the edges.
Great way to get kids to eat broccoli and add pizzaz' to frozen vegetables!

1 comment:
I made this for supper tonight only I added chicken, & baked it because I didn't start it early. It got great reviews from my family!
Post a Comment