2 c. hot water
1 - 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 can blueberry pie filling
Dissolve Jello in hot water and pour into a 9x13 pan glass pan. Chill slightly and stir in pineapple and pie filling. Chill until firmly set.
Topping:
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix well together until lumps are removed and spread over completely chilled jello mixture.
Top with 1/2 c. walnuts, if desired.
*************************************
This is a beautiful salad in the dish, but it's hard to take a photo of once it's cut. So just close your eyes and pop that spoonful of creamy, cold, blueberry jello into your mouth. It's delicious!
I've seen this recipe in several community cookbooks. I got it from a lady we went to meeting with when we lived in Iowa from1991-93, and it has been a favorite ever since.

3 comments:
Yes, this looks delicious! My kids will love it! I've enjoyed several recipes on your blog. Thanks!
-Nadine
Thanks for the correction on the vanilla... I have one more question. Do you use 2 large packages of grape jello? I'm assuming so, since grape jello doesn't normally come in small packages.
-Nadine
It's two of the small pkgs. or one large. One is 3 oz. and the other 6 oz. I think.
Post a Comment