Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Golden Ham Pie


Another favorite ham recipe that I've had so long I can't remember where it came from:

3 T. finely chopped onion
1/4 c. finely chopped green pepper
1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted
1/4 c. + 2 T. flour
1/4 t. pepper
2 C. milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 c. chopped ham
1 T. lemon juice

Sauté onion & green pepper in butter until tender. Add flour & pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and soup; cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Add ham and lemon juice. Pour into greased 12x8x2 casserole. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with cheese biscuits (recipe following) and bake 20 minutes more.

Cheese biscuits
1 c. flour
1 1/2 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 1/2 T. shortening
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 c. milk

Combine dry ingredients. Cut in shortening. Stir in milk and cheese. Knead 4-5 times. Roll to 1/4" thickness and cut into squares to top ham mixture.

2 comments:

Alison said...

This looks wonderful!!!! Can't wait to try it.

Alison said...

Amy, I made this a while ago and it was a hit! Next time I thought I would add vegetables to it and try that. Thanks for posting it!